Apply now and get 30% off
Course starts February 2022
- 6 week reading and conversation course
- every Wednesday at 19.00 to 20.00
- live group sessions on Zoom with Kerin
PLEASE NOTE CURRENT EDA STUDENTS: YOU DO NOT NEED TO COMPLETE THE APPLICATION PROCESS! Please send Kerin an email if you wish to enrol on this course
- 19.00 CET (Rome, Madrid, Berlin, Kraków, Paris)
- 18.00 (Ireland, UK)
- 20.00 (Greece, Ukraine, Turkey, Moscow)
- 14.00 ( Argentina, Brazil)
- 11.00 (Costa Rica)
LEVEL: intermediate, strong intermediate, low upper intermediate (B1, B1+, B2)
CLASS SIZE: Max. 6 students
What you will achieve
Read a simplified version (a graded reader) which is easy to understand and interesting to talk about.
- read sections of the book together and practise pronunciation;
- discuss the book; increase confidence and speaking ability
- review vocabulary and clarify any questions
- reduce mistakes when you speak
- improve grammar structures
- connect with others
- improve your English through summarising and paraphrasing
- gain a deeper understanding of cultural issues
About the Book!
In this English course we will read this graded reader together from Penguin, Slumdog Millionaire.
Slumdog Millionaire tells the story of a poor, eighteen-year-old waiter in Mumbai called Ram Mohammad Thomas. Ram goes on a television quiz show, and he answers all the questions correctly. But the people who work on the programme think that he has cheated, so Ram must explain how he knew the answers.